Welcome to our growing community!
We are excited that you’ve decide to share your raw wisdom and recipes. Whether you are looking to get more traffic to your website, product or social media site or just wants to help others in their raw food journey, this is a great place to be.
To become published please follow all bullet points below:
- Word Count: We have no minimum requirements but we find the sweet spot to be around 200 – 600 words. Please try to stay under 800 words.
- Tone: Keep it a positive and inclusive tone.
- Images: We highly encourage articles to have great photos submitted with them but it’s not mandatory. Please have at least one photo if you’re submitting a recipe and we recommend 5 or more photos if possible. Ideal photo sizes are 850wide by 400tall, or larger. REMEMBER, ONLY IMAGES THAT YOU OWN.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be original and unique to rawfoodmagazine.com. We will not accept posts that have already been published or plan to be publish on other sites (this included your personal site or blog). If it’s a recipe, we will accept unoriginal photos, ingredients and directions. As for the introduction of your recipe please try to make it an original piece to rawfoodmagazine.com.
- Please, no SEO-driven and product marketing submissions: We like to only offer to our readers valuable, informative, inspirational content that they can trust. Anything that feels selling or marketing is not welcomed.
Benefits of being a writer or chef for RawFoodMagazine:
- You’ll change lives: If you want to make a difference in peoples lives, you’ve come to the right place. In one of our surveys, 80% of our readers stated they took some sort of action after reading an article from RawFoodMagazine.
- Personal Page, Bio and Back links: You’ll receive a personal page with your bio and a link to your site and social media pages. Your personal bio will appear at the bottom of every recipe or post you create.
- Reach Valuable Traffic: Exposure to high quality traffic from around the world from active, affluent readers in the health industry.
- Promotion: Once your piece is published we’ll be promoting it on our social media pages, website and email subscribers.
- Longevity: Due to the digital nature, once your piece has been published readers will ALWAYS have access to it, multiplying the longevity value of every piece.
Many of our writers and chefs have attracted more clients, more traffic to their sites, booked coaching jobs, and grown their brands, simply by writing great posts and/or submitting delicious recipes.
You’ll also get access to our professional editors, who will be helping your piece arrive to it’s fullest potential.
The best types of submissions are:
- Delicious Recipes with Great Photos
- How-to Cooking Videos
- Nutrition and Health Research
- Major Transformations and Success Stories
- Yoga and Fitness Videos
- Step-by-Step Systems to improving your health or tackling a health issue.
- News Topics: What’s New and Trending
- Nutrition Tips and Facts
- Money or Time Saving Tips
Here’s Our Top 5 Highest Performing Topics:
RECIPES: We are looking for simple, tasty recipes beautifully captured on camera. We prefer images that are clean, colorful, and well organized. We strongly suggest to submit photos that have been taken with high resolution camera. Please include serving size, ingredients (including measurements), clear directions on how to prepare the recipe, as well as an introductory paragraph explaining how you like to serve the dish or why this recipe has become one of your favorites. Original cooking videos are welcomed.
COOKING, YOGA & FITNESS VIDEOS: We prefer custom videos between 2 and 6 minutes long. If you already have a great video hosted on YouTube or Vimeo that you think our readers would value, please send us a short query about it (We are not interested in using videos that include any obvious forms of advertising or marketing on screen or in the video.) Great video topics include cooking demonstrations, health lectures, yoga, fitness and documentary.
RESEARCH: Love reading and digesting new health studies? Have a medical or professional degree in an area of health or wellness? We accept well-qualified research and research summaries highlighting current trends in holistic health, medicinal plants, natural remedies, and nutrition. Pieces should be researched and objective with credible sources to back up your research claims.
SUCCESS STORIES: Have you lost a substantial amount of weight or know someone who has? Got rid of acne? Brought their family together through health? Better sleep, energy, relationships? We are always on the lookout for fresh, inspiring stories that will help keep readers motivated on their raw food journeys. We would love to hear your story! If you are interested in being interviewed for the magazine, please let us know when you send in your story.
SOLUTIONS TO A HEALTH ISSUES: Many of RawFoodMagazine readers are looking for solutions to their health issues. Our readership is massive, please, never underestimate the value of solving any health issue. Personal experience or third party experience through solving the health issue is extremely valuable and impactful.
Other pieces we may be interested in include: restaurant reviews, book reviews, travel destinations, natural beauty remedies, detox and menu plans and personal food diaries.
8 TIPS TO WRITING A GREAT POST
Keep in mind these follow tips when writing for RawFoodMagazine.
1. Keep it short and to the point.
Short posts are great! Try summarizing with less words and deleting needless words. A sweet spot is around 400-500 words.
2. Write as an expert
Yes, you are writing from your own perspective but as a writer you’re the expert on your own opinion! You’re goal is to believe in what you are writing about and reframe from objecting and discrediting yourself. For this reason, you don’t need to use phrases like, “in my opinion,” or “I believe,” phrases like these detract from the idea you’re trying to convey.
3. Write from your own voice
The best posts feel like a real person is almost talking to them. You are basically writing as if you are sitting down with someone, one-on-one, teaching and sharing something valuable with them. One helpful tip is when you finish your piece, read it out loud and make sure it flows, feels natural and is easy to read. Remember, use plain english with words and terms that can be understood by the general and beginner audience.
HINT: Reading your post out loud is one of the best ways to catch grammatical errors also.
4. Write a great introduction
The introduction is crucial to the success of a post because it’s your first impression. Your post performs much better if the introduction is catchy, connects with the audience, describes clearly and succinctly what the readers are about to learn and portrays the personality of the writer.
When trying to connect with the audience, ask yourself the following questions: Who is this article for? What problem does my article solve? What are the benefits when applying my article?
5. Be inspiring, informative, and/or educational?
Posts that are published on RawFoodMagazine are either, inspiring readers to live better, informing readers about something new in a positive perspective and educating readers on how to live or eat healthier. If your writing style is sarcastic, political, anti focused and/or condescending then this probably isn’t a good fit for you.
6. Give actionable tips and make it easy to digest
If it’s an educational piece remember to have your solutions in the form of a simple bullet point style layout with a short paragraph under each point. Whatever type of piece you are writing, remember to create it in a way that is easy to digest and/or implement.
7. Remember your sources:
If you add a study, fact or statistic in your piece, please include a link to that source. If you make any claims of any sort, post how you know. A great source is one from credible sites, academic journals, and credible news outlets. The goal is to build trust with your readers and help them truly understand the topic you’re writing about.
8. Be honest, not perfect:
Real authenticity and vulnerability is what connects us to each other. Be willing to share your experiences with your ups and downs connects us to you, builds report and creates a desire to continue reading.
If you are ready to submit, follow these steps:
- Send Post and Title: Take your full post with a working title and send this within the body of an email. Remember, to only send one post per email.
- Attach Images: Any relevant images for your post (please attach each photo, not pasted within a doc). Please only send images that you own.
- Send Bio: If you’re a new contributor, you will need to send us your brief bio (less than 120 words) with links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and other social media pages.
- Attach Profile Photo: A headshot or photo of you to use for your bio.
- Send everything above to: submit(at)rawfoodmagazine.com
By submitting you are indicating that you agree to the Raw Food Magazine term and conditions and that you also approve any form of editing done to your piece by our professional editors.
Once you have submitted your piece…
- We will let you know as soon as we’ve published your piece. Due to high volume at times, this could take up to 14 days.
- Please share it will your friends! The posts with the most attention and shares gets highlighted on our homepage.
- After your finished, give yourself a hug and smile! We are a HUGE advocate of taking intentional time for yourself. Step outside, breath in some fresh air and have delightful piece of chocolate:)
- Start on your next piece! If your post performs well and you’re an ongoing contributor (one post a week), you will receive a spot as a highly-coveted “Health Expert” OR “Featured Chefs” on our homepage.
Thanks, good luck and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Here are a few of our fabulous Contributors
American physician, author, clinical researcher, and founding president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
Raw Recipe curator with a transformative story and knack for recreating classic food staples in the raw.
Author of the bestselling, Live Raw, Raw Food Recipes for Good Health and Timeless Beauty. Mimi is a motivational speaker, consultant, and was voted PETA’s sexiest vegetarian over 50.
Certified Clinical Nutritionist, former book editor, and post-baccalaureate pre-med student at Georgetown University. Gena is passionate about helping people to discover and enjoy plant based foods in… Read more