We all love a little bit of color in our lives. And not just because it delights our eyes. Deep vibrant colors in foods are usually a sign of healthful nutrients and phytochemicals. And this cabbage salad has got all sorts of colors!
Cabbage, for instance, has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and will help your body detoxify. And of course carrots are overflowing with beta-carotene, which helps you get your vitamin A. And if you eat too much of it, you might turn orange yourself Maybe there is such a thing as too much color…
Adding some gustatory highlights to this colorful palette is a wicked dijon dressing. Always make more than you need and keep the leftovers in the fridge for the next salad![ingredients title=”Ingredients”]
- 4 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned corn (non-GMO preferably)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp water
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 8 drops liquid stevia (or other sweetener, to taste)
- Combine cabbage, corn, shredded carrots, and tomatoes in large salad bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine dressing ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over veggies, toss, and enjoy!